Monday, September 19, 2011

Football pool update

I'm going to focus on the positives.  I'm going to focus on the positives.  Still have the Monday night game to go but I only missed two games this week.  Atlanta was a better team than I thought.  Tip my hat to Matty Ice and the Birds.

On the other hand THE BALTIMORE RAVENS SUCK!  Losing to a very mediocre Tennessee team and killing me by losing my 14 point game.  Atlanta was only my 4 point game.

At the same time I was #20 for the week and if the Giants win I'll move up another handful of slots.  If they lose I shouldn't be affected.  Pretty much everyone has the Giants so a loss is a wash.  I have more points riding on this game than most of the folks right above me so a win is a win for me.  I'm also #20 in the season standings now with a 68.5% correct pick rate.  A Giants win probably won't move me more than a slot or two in the overall.  But Top 20 isn't a bad place to be right now.

Otherwise the Bills were truly impressive and I may have to re-assess my opinion of Cam Newton.  It's only two games but fairly amazing two games.  Pittsburgh did what I expected, got nasty after being humiliated.

No comments:

Post a Comment