Friday, April 23, 2010

General Update Post

I know I haven't posted in a while.  Trying to get things in good order before my spiritual retreat next week has really been chewing up my days.  I think the final products of this phase are turning out pretty well.  But that's why the Phlipside scripts haven't been put up and I haven't posted about the sabbatical much either.  So here's a quick review:

Sabbatical - going pretty well.  I'm working on a concept called Personal Holy Space.  A way to bring your holy mindset with you pretty much any where.  It's a variation on an idea I came across way back at the beginning of the year.  I'm working on four different variations of the concept.  I'm still working on my reading.  I've added "Water From a Deep Well" which is a history of Christian spirituality.  It came highly recommended and it's quite good but not blowing me away.

View From the Phlipside -  Took a look at the attempt to re-make the '80's movie "Footloose" (which I think is a losing concept.  So far the movie's karma seems to be on my side).  I take a look at a new "professional recommendation" site called Unvarnished.  There's an interesting idea there but it has some very serious problems too.  Finally I talked about "Turn Off Your TV" week which has been all this week.  I will confess that I did not go TV free this week (although I'm thinking about the second week this year, in the fall).  Now I just have to get at least next week's done in advance and maybe the week after if I can to give myself a little room when I get home.

Still a lot of other things to get figured out in the next two days.  So I'll be on the bounce!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment