Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Best of the Web - Indie, Bikes & Beer

Indie, Bikes & Beer -   OK, looking for the first site to include in this feature, I really wanted it to be a special one, something that would give a feel for where I think I'm headed.

So a web site devoted to three of my favorite things in the world (outside of my lady wife and daughter, of course)?  How could I resist?

I stumbled on them because of a link featuring a young man from right here in my backyard who has moved to their backyard, Max Garcia Conover.  Their backyard is most of New England, working from a base in Boston.  What's not to love about the first line in their description of who they are:
We’re an indie music blog comprised of drunken cyclists.
Musically they like a lot of things but seem to centered more in the singer/songwriter folk kind of thing.  Then add in reviews of beers they have tried and enjoyed.  Finally add in some serious bicycle chops and you've discovered the magic formula for Indie, Bikes & Beer.

You're going to find videos of lots of indie musicians to discover.  You'll find some good writing and videos about the passion for cycling.  The beer reviews include a cool concept where they do a monthly "six pack" of beers (or were, nothing after Thanksgiving this year.  C'mon guys!).

This is exactly what I think the Internet at its best looks like.  People who are passionate about something doing a great job of creatively sharing that passion.

Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment