Saturday, November 23, 2013

NaNoWriMo Update

The logo for NaNoWriMo

I am trying to keep a little bit of an update going on this.

Here we are so bold and optimistic at the beginning of the month.

And Here is at the end of Week One.  Clearly this is going to be a struggle.

You'll note no update on Week Two.  Yeah, a struggle.

Well now Week Three is in the bag.  And I have to face some grim reality.

I'm not going to make the 50,000 word goal.  Right now getting half way there will be a struggle.

And that's OK.  This has been a tough month.  Tough on the writing front and tough in the real life front as well.  Lots of time on the road.  Which means I'm not anywhere that I can write and I get home wiped out.  Not a good writing place.  So I haven't put up the kind of numbers I'd like.

But what's come out of this has been something else.  I have no intention of quitting.  I will write when I can.  I'll put up as many words as I can.  What I have managed to produce has been pretty good.  I'm filling in holes that need to be filled.  I'm getting closer to finishing this book.

And THAT is the real goal.  The rest is just for fun.

Current word total - 16,093

No comments:

Post a Comment