Monday, November 18, 2013

Movie Review - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) - A thief stumbles into an acting audition and from there stumbles into a murder mystery.

I need to be honest about this.  I remember the following about this movie:

  1. What is mentioned in the first line of this review.
  2. That the chemistry between stars Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer is great.
  3. That I laughed.
That's it.  I watched this movie about a month ago and remember NOTHING about it.  Except that I liked it.  Liked it a lot as I remember.  Until I looked at some research I had forgotten that Kilmer's character is called "Gay Perry".  I have never had a movie that I enjoyed leave such a small mark in my memory.

So what does that say about it?  Probably that there's not much of a story here (high concept?).  But the interaction between the cast is worth enough to watch.

I feel like I should rate it higher.  But I don't remember why.

Rating - *** Worth A Look

No comments:

Post a Comment