Wednesday, August 18, 2010

View From the Phlipside - Lost Epilogue and Auction

My name is Jay Phillippi and I've spent my life in and around the media. TV, Radio, the Movies and more. I love them and I hate them and I always have an opinion. Call this the View From the Phlipside.

You either got the TV show “Lost” or you didn’t. You were either willing to invest the time and energy to try and keep up with the characters, the time lines, the flashbacks, the flash forwards, the alternate stories lines and the enormous number of unexplained stuff, or you weren’t. I’ve acknowledged that I was a “Lostie”. One of the band of dedicated fans who set all other things aside so that we could watch each weeks episode over the years that the hit TV show ran.

And then it came to an end. The ending left us with nothing more than memories and the chance to argue about what the ending meant and did it really meet our expectations. Or so we thought.

For the fans out there you can smile in anticipation. For the Lost haters out there you can groan in pain that your torment isn’t really over. On August 24 the Lost DVDs will arrive on the market. On them you will find a 12 minute epilogue titled “The New Man in Charge”. A week ago a sneak peak version of the epilogue hit the internet until the Disney attorneys threatened everyone in sight and got it pulled. Since I was away from my computer at the time I didn’t see it but I have seen the official trailer. When last we saw the Island Ben and Hurley were left in charge together. The trailer shows that Ben is out and about doing some clean up work apparently shutting down the last of the Dharma project around the world. The trailer is only about a quarter of the full 12 minutes so there’s no telling what else may be included. It’s probably a fair bet that nothing will be made very clear however.

But that’s not the only good news/bad news for Lost lovers and haters. At the end of THIS week there will be an auction of all kinds of Lost props and materials. You could snag anything from some Dharma initiative films to Hurley’s lottery ticket to the VW minibus! Over a thousand lots are set to go under the hammer. The auction itself takes place in California but online bidding is also available. Google Lost Auction bidding for the link.

I mean who wouldn’t want a row of Oceanic Airlines seats for their office?

Call that the View From the Phlipside.



"The View From the Phlipside" airs on WRFA-LP Jamestown NY.  You can listen to WRFA online HERE
Copyright - Jay Phillippi 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment