Monday, May 3, 2010

Sabbatical wrap up Part first

While my sabbatical time is at an end I still have some things to share here.  I'll try and move them along over the next couple weeks.

On the whole it was wonderful.  A time of rest, a time of reflection, a time of learning and of growth. 

But now it's back into the office.  Only to realize it's not quite that easy!  I took a lot of stuff home with me because I would need it during the sabbatical (I was right on about 60% of what I took home).  But I forgot to pack it up and bring it back in!  Not having my mouse is the biggest annoyance.  Plus when I re-installed my operating system I wiped out all the network settings and drivers to use the network printers.  Ah well, those can be re-entered.

On the other hand I completely forgot to back up my e-mail application and so I've lost all of the stuff I'd held onto.  Most of which I don't even remember having and can't imagine I'll truly miss.

So in many ways this has been a time of shedding things.  Things unneeded and things that did nothing to move farther along in my journey.  Mostly things that tied me to the past.  Now to work on not collecting anew.

I don't know if I sound or look any different but I feel different.  It's not the "mountain top" feeling exactly that you get after a great emotional high like a Happening or Cursillo/Koinonia weekend.  It's a feeling of peace.  A kind of peace that brings great joy.

I'm likin' it.  and I want to keep it.

More to come.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment