Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reflections on a day

One of the things I came to realize over my sabbatical was that my attention to detail had been slipping.  Today a lot of that came home to roost.

Most of today has been spent trying to get our diocesan youth ministry web page EYouthWNY.org fixed.  That was a change in plans because the original plan had been to just tighten up one small problem area. 

Except that the first solution for the problem didn't work. 

And then I discovered that our entire High School Conference page was on the edge of total dysfunction and one other page had effectively disappeared because you couldn't get there and that led to two other problems...

All of which were because my attention to details on the web page had slid.  I have to admit that I'm finding lots of little problems (so far no BIG ones.  I didn't get to the point of really dropping the ball on anything) and it's a little intimidating.  I have all this current work I need to get done and now all this...

One of the things that I got from my time on sabbatical was the understanding that I just need to breathe and start working.  And things get done.

And all will be well. 

Had someone who has seen the Portable Holy Space projects in person ask me if I'd be willing to have them on display at an event later this summer.  Pretty spiffy.  Now I just need to get the big one finished.

One more thing to do!

LOL.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment